Employers are required to submit their employees’ employment income information to IRAS (Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore) by March 1st each year. myTax Portal is among the options employers choose to do this.
Here is a guide to submitting employment income records at myTax Portal in three easy steps.
1st Step: Access ‘Submit Employment Records’
- Make sure that the authorization for the ‘Submission of Employment Income Records’ e-Service has been completed via Corppass (Singapore Corporate Access, the authorization system for the staff or a third party to access and manage the digital service of employees who need to perform corporate transactions.
- Open IRAS’ Website (iras.gov.sg) and click ‘LOGIN’ >> ‘Login to myTax Portal’.
- Once you are in myTaxPortal, click ‘Business Tax Matters with Corppass’ to log in.
- You are going to see two login options:
(1) Barcode scan with Singpass app (2) Password Login
- Go to the ‘EMPLOYERS’ tab, and select ‘Submit Employment Income Records’. If this is the first time you log in, you must update the contact details. It contains name, designation, email address, office phone number, mobile phone number, and fax. Click ‘SAVE’ once you are done.
- You are going to automatically see the Auto-Inclusion Scheme (AIS) part that says the submission deadline is March 1st. Click ‘BEGIN AIS SUBMISSION’.
2nd Step: Create Employee Records
- If you have signed up for the CPF Data Link-up Service, all of the necessary information would be pre-filled here. In that case, you simply need to click ‘CONTINUE’ and proceed. If you have not signed up for the CPF Data Link-up Service, you need to create new employee records and fill in the data one by one.
- The list of employee records will appear, and you need to verify the provided data (e.g personal particulars, income, and deduction amounts). Should there be any changes necessary, make the adjustments and update the data by clicking ‘EDIT’.
- Once done, you will be directed to the Form IR8A and other supporting documents in multiple tabs, Form IR8S, Appendix 8A, and Appendix 8B. Choose the supporting documents that you need to fill, and make sure all the fields are filled correctly.
- When all is set, you could continue to the next step, select ‘PROCEED TO SUMMARY’.
3rd Step: Submission
- Check and verify all the displayed information.
- If all data is correct, click ‘SUBMIT RECORDS’.
Please be informed that only staff with an approver role at the Corppass can click this ‘SUBMIT RECORDS’ button. Otherwise, the button will be disabled. If you are authorized as a preparer, you have access to prepare the employment records but not to submit them.
- Once successfully submitted, an acknowledgment page will appear, displaying the Submission Ref Number.
- Click ‘ SHOW ALL’ if you want to see all submitted employee records’.
- Click’ VIEW MY SUBMISSIONS” if you want to go back to AIS Submission Employment Income Records.
The three steps above describe the complete process of submitting employee income information at myTax Portal. In case you are in need of more information, you are welcome to check the details on the IRAS website. In the meantime, before you go and prepare for the submission, allow us to introduce you to Kayaroll, a payroll software that we know will suit your business needs. We understand the importance of payroll in a business, and that is why we want to make sure that our IRAS-integrated payroll software could cater to your needs. And if you are an SME (small-medium enterprises) or a startup, allow us to say that Kayaroll is your perfect match. If you want to know why, register today on our website. If you are one of the first one hundred businesses to sign up, you could enjoy Kayaroll for free. Check now and find what your payroll system needs with Kayaroll.